Portable Particle Detection Device (PORPARDET)
The PORPARDET project addressed the exposure of workers to asbestos fibers through the development of two innovative complementary portable automatic detection systems, based on novel concentrating and analysis methods, for asbestos particles.
The first is a handheld system with an immediate alarm, while the second provides rapid on-site quantitative analysis. Both systems are able to read the surface of a novel filter cassette contained within detachable pump housing. These portable automatic detection systems improve the health protection of the individual, and reduce the potential cost of their healthcare provision and possible costs of litigation.
- The Welding Institute (TWI Ltd) (UK)
- AM Trans Progres Sp. z.o.o. (Poland)
- Applied Materials Technologies Ltd (UK)
- Dehaco B.V. (The Netherlands)
- GSPK Ltd (UK)
- Luftfilterbau GmbH (Germany)
- Optoelectronica 2001 S.A. (Romania)
- SignalGeneriX Ltd (Cyprus)
- Nofer Institute of Occupational Medicine (Poland)
- Det Norske Veritas (Norway)
- Cyprus University of Technology (Cyprus)
- Lateral Logic Ltd (UK)
|This project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement no 222590.|