Development of a low-observable tactical RPAS with the capability to provide near real time information and with modern self-protection
The LOTUS project will address feasibility, detailed design, prototyping and testing of a low-observable, airworthy and interoperable tactical RPAS system, targeted at ISR missions. The development will include: a mothership TRPAS equipped with ISR sensors, designed for low observability and high endurance, incorporating a self-protection system against enemy threats; a system of tube-launched, foldable-wing drones, deployable from the mothership, while this later remains at a safe distance; on-board sensor data processing capabilities for target detection, recognition, identification and classification; and a ground station.
- INTRACOM DEFENSE SINGLE MEMBER S.A.
- ARISTOTLE UNIVERSITY OF THESSALONIKI
- CFT CARBON FIBER TECHNOLOGIES P.C.
- CY.R.I.C CYPRUS RESEARCH AND INNOVATION CENTER LTD
- HELLENIC AIR FORCE TELECOMMUNICATIONS-ELECTRONICS MEANS PLANT
- SignalGeneriX Ltd
- ALTUS LSA COMMERCIAL AND MANUFACTURING S.A.
- UNIVERSITY OF PATRAS
- GEOIMAGING LIMITED
You can download the LOTUS factsheet here.
|This project has received funding from the European Defense Industrial Development Program (EDIDP) under the grant agreement EDIDP-ISR-TRPAS-2019-30-LOTUS|