WiserBAN concerns Wireless Body Area Networks (WBAN), and improves personal sensing capabilities by using miniature, unobtrusive, long-lifetime sensor nodes. WiserBAN delivered innovative wearable and implantable radio microsystems which enable concrete exploitation perspectives in a broad range of industrial segments such as healthcare, bio-medical, wellness, and lifestyle.
The WiserBAN project addressed the following industrial-driven wearable & implantable use cases: (1) WiserBAN for hearing instruments, (2) WiserBAN for cardiac implants, (3) WiserBAN for insulin pumps, (4) WiserBAN for cochlear implants, (5) Use-cases beyond healthcare.
- RTD Talos Limited (Cyprus)
- Centre Suisse d'Electronique et Microtechnique SA, CSEM (Switzerland)
- Commissariat à l'Energie Atomique, CEA (France)
- Fraunhofer IZM (Germany)
- Valtion Teknillinen Tutkimuskeskus, VTT (Finland)
- Technische Universität Berlin, TUB (Germany)
- Alma Mater Studiorum Università di Bologna (Italy)
- SORIN CRM SAS(France)
- Epcos SAS (France)
- Med-El Elektromedizinische Geräte Gmbh (Austria)
- Siemens Audiologische Technik Gmbh (Germany)
- Debiotech SA (Switzerland)
- SignalGeneriX Ltd (Cyprus)
||This project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement no 257454.