Reconfigurable Ultra-Autonomous Novel Robots
Runner provides a framework of highly efficient and detailed visual perception for autonomous robots, incorporating stereoscopic video sensors. It explores techniques for gathering high resolution 3D data of known terrain and real-time 3D computation of unknown terrains.
Runner utilises high end reconfigurable devices offering high performance and power efficient 3D sensing/matching. It includes the design and implementation of innovative cue extraction modules supporting very high data rates, of real-time reconfigurable object sensing mechanisms, design and implementaion of a novel navigation scheme and a sophisticated 3D reconstruction system implemented in a customised FPGA platform.
- Algosystems S.A. (Greece)
- Aldebaran Robotics (France)
- Ingenieria de Sistemas Intensivos en Software, S.L(Spain)
- SignalGeneriX (Cyprus)
- University of Cyprus (Cyprus)
- Technical University of Crete (Greece)
- Mälardalen University (Sweden)
- Universidad Politecnica de Madrid (Spain)
||This project is co-funded by EUREKA and European Union under the programme Eurostars.