The key objective of RESOLUTION was the development and testing of a novel wireless positioning system, which was implemented on the basis of common WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network). Because of the high three dimensional resolution in the centimetre range and the real-time ability, novel local positioning applications, e.g. for smart factories, robotics, interactive guiding, object tracking and augmented reality are possible leading to an attractive economic potential.
In order to reach the project goals, Advanced Local Position Radar (ALPR), Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), CMOS/BiCMOS Radio Frequency Integrated Circuit Design, Adaptive Antennas, and Smart Power Control techniques were employed
- Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH) (Switzerland)
- Siemens (Germany)
- Technical University of Berlin (Germany)
- Friedrich-Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (Germany)
- RIO Systems (Israel)
- SignalGenerix Ltd (Cyprus)
- Warsaw University of Technology (Poland)
- EXODUS S.A.(Greece)
- Research and Educational Society in Information Technology (Greece)
||This project has received funding from the European Union’s Sixth Framework Programme for research and technological development Project No: 026851.