Miniaturized smart system for light stimulation and monitoring of wound healing
MEDILIGHT aims to provide highly miniaturized “photonic band aid” as a wearable, light weight and low cost solution in the professional wound care sector. Target applications are chronic, diabetic, decubitus, and large wounds with two goals: use the proven proliferation of skin tissue for self-healing and the antibacterial effects of the visible light spectrum.
In order to be compliant with hygiene requirements, the MEDILIGHT system will consist of two parts: 1) a disposable wound dressing with embedded optical waveguides and integrated sensors for the delivery of light and monitoring (temperature and blood oxygen) at the wound. 2) a soft and compliant electronic module for multiple use containing LEDs, a photodiode, a controller, analog data acquisition, a rechargeable battery, and a data transmission unit.
- Technical University Berlin (Germany)
- Laboratoires URGO (France)
- University Heidelberg (Germany)
- Centre Suisse d’Electronique et de Microtechnique (Switzerland)
- SignalGeneriX Ltd (Cyprus)
- Microsemi Semiconductor Limited (UK)
- AMIRES s.r.o. (Czech Republic)
||This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 644267.