MariaBox will develop a wireless marine environment analysis device for monitoring chemical and biological pollutants while installed into a buoy, a maritime means of transport or a mooring. The device, based on novel biosensors, will be of high-sensitivity, portable and capable of repeating measurements over a long time, allowing permanent deployment at sea. The solution will be designed to provide a quicker & cheaper sampling which, combined with the real time monitoring, will guarantee the improvement of current monitoring systems. The prompt availability of data assures the enhancement of understanding about the level and trend of pollution. This progress will be a key point for the development of a tool for Early Warning.
The system developed will be demonstrated and validated in four different scenarios in selected locations in Norway, Spain, Cyprus and Ireland.
- CyRIC Cyprus Research and Innovation Center LTD (Cyprus)
- ACORDE Technologies S.A. (Spain)
- SmartBay Ireland Limited (Ireland)
- SporeGen LTD (UK)
- Kontor 46 (Italy)
- Consiglio Nazionale Delle Ricerche (Italy)
- Universita Degli Studi di Napoli Federico II (Italy)
- Norsk Institutt for Vannforskning (Norway)
- Ateknea Solutions (Spain)
- Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas (Spain)
- SignalGeneriX LTD (Cyprus)
- Dublin City University (Ireland)
- Ministry of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environment of Cyprus (Cyprus)