LBS Augmented Reality Assistive System for Utilities Infrastructure Management through Galileo and EGNOS
LARA project will develop a mobile device to guide utility field workers by helping them ‘see’ beneath the ground, rendering the complexity of the 3D models of the underground grid such as water, gas and electricity. The hand-held, low cost, mobile device will integrate state-of-the-art technologies in the domain of positioning and sensors (GNSS), Augmented Reality (AR), 3D GIS geo-databases.
LARA consists of the description, design, development, validation and exploitation of an innovative mobile outdoor navigation device that will collect, store, process, analyze, and visualize the various types of utilities infrastructures. The project’s nature is highly multidisciplinary as it crosses through the boundaries of diverse scientific research fields, from GNSS-based positioning and navigation technology and ICT to utility management.
- GeoImaging (Cyprus)
- Hewlett Packard (Spain)
- SignalGeneriX LTD (Cyprus)
- Ingeniería y Soluciones Informáticas (Spain)
- German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (Germany)
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece)
- Birmingham City Council (UK)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (Malaysia)
- The Municipal Enterprise for water supply and sewerage of Kozani (Greece)
||This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 641460.